Welcome to the Moran Foundation Website.
Dear Friend of the John E. Moran Foundation,
It is hard to imagine that our foundation is completing 23 years of benevolent service for people who are challenged throughout their lives with a disability. Through two decades we have given over $600,000 in grants to a countless number of not for profit organizations who work to enhance the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The generosity of the late John E. Moran Sr. and his wife Rita continues to inspire and motivate us all to raise funds that benefit thousands of people.
The foundation’s mission is “to underwrite initiatives that benefit people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.”
Listed below are a few of the many grant recipients:
- The Homestead Group, Food Service Program - Woonsocket, RI
- Rhode Island State House Café operated by the John E. Fogarty Center
- The Blackstone Valley Arc, Horticultural and Gift shop, located in Slater Park - Pawtucket
- Woonsocket Special Olympics Team
- Advocates in Action, J. Arthur Trudeau and Sargent Rehabilitation Centers
- Kaleidoscope Theatre presentations of “I’m Special, You’re Special”
All this support and more is made possible thanks to our many donors, volunteers, annual golf tournament
players/sponsors, Club 100 members, and Charity Benefit Raffle sellers and buyers.
On behalf of John, his family and our Board of Directors, your generosity and support is greatly appreciated.