Welcome to the Moran Foundation Website
Dear Friend of the John E. Moran Foundation,
This past year has been a busy and exciting year for the Moran Foundation. Together with the support of our donors we have made a difference to lives and well-being of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Rhode Island. Over the past 18 months the Foundation provided individual bereavement support to the late Linda Lee and Mary Miner as well as wheelchair van assistance to both Jason Amaral and Willie Valcourt, Junior. Along with these grants, below is a list of other organizations and groups the foundation provided grants for:
- Special Olympics RI — comitted to a five-year building campaign.
- Advocates in Action — 300 individuals attended the 2012 Fall Leadership Conference and participated in a variety of workshops geard towards leadership development.
- Kaledioscope Theatre — provides grants to local elementary and secondary schools for the production of I’m Special, You’re Special that helps other students understand the importance of inclusion.
- Good Times with Friends Bowling League -- 28 (5) person teams of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities that runs from October to April every other Sunday
- Re-Focus — acquired a variety of new sensory and yoga equipment for the agency. The practice of yoga along with the equipment provides individuals relaxation, mood enhancement and soothing auditory stimulation.
- J. Arthur Trudeau Center — acquired a hydraulic lift to help unload and load contracted project materials in and out of the Center’s warehouse.
- John E. Fogarty Center — supported the continuation of a food service training program with the acquisition of a point of purchase automated cash register with picture.
Other grants were awarded to Seven Hills RI, Groden Center’s Stepping Out Program,
RHD Rhode Island, Moms Helping Moms and SPRED.
The grant requests would not be possible without the generous support of our many donors, volunteers, golf tournament players and sponsors, Club 100 members and our Charity Benefit Raffle sellers and buyers. On behalf of our Board of Directors, Rita Moran and the entire Moran family, please know your commitment and generousity to the Foundation is very much appreciated.